- Rewarding careers: our graduates work in a stable and growing industry, making delicious products and helping to feed the world.
- High salary potential: three of our current students were recently offered jobs starting at more than $75,000/year plus a signing bonus.
- Paid Internships: our students earn more than $12,000 on average during their internships, and most interns receive free housing, as well as transportation to and from their internship sites.
- Efficient path: our students start earning money after only nine months, and graduate with a master’s degree in only 12 months.
- High demand: all MPS students to date have landed good-paying internships. Our placement rate upon graduation is near 100 percent.
- Beautiful location: San Luis Obispo is among the most desirable cities in America and routinely tops national lists of the happiest and most beautiful cities in the nation.
- Learn By Doing: Cal Poly is famous for teaching students through practical, hands-on exercises. Employers know that our program embraces the “Learn By Doing” methodology and that our graduates are ready to work.
- Contact with industry leaders: from their first day in the program, our students enjoy face-to-face contact with high-level executives from Fortune 500 and large private companies, including Land O Lakes, Safeway, Leprino, Tillamook, Hilmar, Dean Foods, Kraft, Nestle, and others. These relationships lead to internships and job offers later on.
- Top-flight education: for the last 25 years, Cal Poly has been ranked the top masters-level university in the country by Forbes Magazine and is perennially among the publication’s “Best of the West.”
- Degree of the future: Education Advisory Board writes that the Master of Professional Studies degree will account for nearly all growth in the number of master’s degrees awarded in the years to come. MPS degrees are practical and nimble, adapting quickly to input from employers and preparing students for employment in a rapidly changing world.
- Scholarships available: we recently announced a program to help a limited number of students with tuition costs. Contact me for details.
Need more information?
Visit mpsdairy.calpoly.edu or call, email, or text me anytime. I will answer your questions and help you decide whether the MPS program is a good fit. I can also connect you with past and current students, faculty members, and industry executives.
We hope to see your application!